9.22.2006

Pg. 7

They're either trying to fatten me up or poison me, I'm not sure which. But I think I know why.

There is a constant scrape outside my door, as though the guards posted there do nothing but rub against the walls, use the rough stone to scratch an itch in their backs or sharpen their knives. Which may be the case. I have not been given clever or kind guards, just men who believe and do what they're told. Just men who believe I'm bad, or dirty, or evil.

It's hard to tell what I'm supposed to be today.

I think I might just be crazy.

If they're trying to fatten me up, it's for the creatures in the woods. They'll tie me there, leave me there, and let the creatures have me.

It makes more sense than trying to poison me, since everyone in town wants to know that something terrible has happened to me. Although I'm sure the right poison, the right symptoms, could appease the village.

There's not much to do here, besides eat. They won't let me have any books, afraid of what I might make of the texts I find within. Maybe that's why they keep bringing me food. Maybe it's as innocent as that.

I'll have some crusts and go to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home