6.21.2006

Pg. 6

He left me there, at the edge of the woods. He left me there, unable to move. And I could hear the creatures behind me, crashing through the trees, heading straight towards me. I could hear them, and I could hear my heart, and I knew that they could hear its crash, crash, crash, and that they were heading right for me.

I stood there, eyes closed, listening to Aaron's mother screeching and banging. I listened as some other child got yelled at and started crying. I listened as a cow lowed in the distance, and I listened as the creature behind me came to the edge of the stream and stopped, moaning in desperation and anger.

I ran.

I ran straight up to my room and I hid, beneath covers that were not warm, but were protective. I lay there and I breathed heavily and then my mother came in to wake me up.

I walked slowly to school on legs that still shook, my heart still pumping furiously beneath my chest.

I bumped directly into Nor.

"You look terrible!" She said, with her characteristic glee when she got to give me good news. Or bad news that involved me, which she also considered good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home